Greetings, my friends.
In honor of classes starting up tomorrow (at least for me), I have created a playlist for all those headed back to school/high school/college/university/grad school/etc (and even for those out of school who just want to hear some tunes).
The playlist I’ve created is a collection of songs I can remember listening to while on my college search two years ago, as well as a few from my senior year of high school, the summer before I started college. There’s also a few songs out now that, for some reason, I feel fit really well into a playlist about starting a new year of learning more about yourself and your academic studies.
For someone currently in college like myself, this is a crucial time of self-discovery and exploration of different fields. Music (along with my faith) always helps me out and hopefully this playlist will also help you. You can find it here.
The track listing is:
- Mountain at my Gates/Foals
- Under the Pressure/The War on Drugs
- Hunger of the Pine/Alt-J
- Gotta Get Away/The Black Keys
- Name on a Matchbook/Springtime Carnivore
- Let it Happen/Tame Impala
- Pretty Pimpin/Kurt Vile and the Violators
- Chateau Lobby #4 (In C for Two Virgins)/Father John Misty
- Academic/New Order
- FloriDada/Animal Collective
- Return to the Moon/EL VY
- Shut Up Kiss Me/Angel Olsen
- All the Rage Back Home/Interpol
- Quartz/TV on the Radio
- Going the Distance/Zipper Club
Happy listening and good luck with your educational path!